-5 Lifestyle-Focused Remodeling Trends-
The 2022 celebrations for National Home Remodeling Month might be the biggest in years. Happily, homeowners across the Greater Tampa Bay area are seeing our home values rise, and Redfin recently named our area as one of the top places to move to in the U.S. This positive news is inspiring homeowners to make greater investments in remodeling our homes.
Tampa Bay Tips for Home Remodels and Projects
Undeniably, spending more time at home in recent years prompted some of us to reconsider our surroundings. With strategic planning and remodeling, our Tampa Bay homes and condos can be customized to meet our changing needs or wants. Depending on your lifestyle and goals, consider these focus areas for your new home projects and home remodels:
- Finding Some “Me” Time: From steam showers to ambient lighting, there is no shortage of remodeling options for enjoying peace, relaxation, or recreation at home. Interestingly, the at-home fitness craze has prompted many to clear floorspace for online classes, workout equipment, and weights. Flooring trends range from yoga-room hardwood, to interlocking mats, to cork tiles, to rubber flooring in garage gyms for multi-purpose use and durability.
- Making Things More Fun: Colorful remodels can provide psychological benefits. Consider adding uplifting pastel-colored accents for a spring vibe, painting a wall orange for some excitement, or draping a room in yellow for fun and cheerfulness. Make an even bigger splash by updating your backsplash. Wallpaper backsplashes are making a comeback. Terrific options in made-for-kitchen wallpapers include fun and fanciful designs with Pantone’s color of the year – “Very Peri” – a great shade of periwinkle blue.
- Investing in the Future: With Tampa Bay listed as a hot real estate market, and Florida being the place everyone wants to move to this year, it is no surprise why homeowners are excited to invest in home projects. New roofing, updated windows or doors, smart appliances, and full-scale kitchen/bathroom renovations with granite or quartz countertops remain as quality choices with ROI potential.
- Taking Care of Business: We all know that adding a shed or storage area in your backyard is a practical investment, but you could also customize a shed as a workspace. Equipping a shed with a desk, electricity, wi-fi, and A/C is a hot trend for people working from home. Of course, remodels to optimize home offices within the home remain incredibly popular. Most notable for 2022 are customizations and design attention given for videoconferencing. Strategically, people are laying out and lighting up workable spaces to look good on camera.
- Getting Outside More Often: Smart homeowners will view their home exterior and outdoor areas as usable square footage. If you love the outdoors, consider remodeling your patio area by adding new pavers, a water feature, a retractable awning, an outdoor kitchen, or perhaps a new pool installation to increase the value of your Florida home.
Importantly, National Home Remodeling Month is a time to recognize remodeling professionals. We salute our topnotch network of talented and reliable interior designers, contractors, inspectors, and service providers across Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties.
Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786. We are proud to offer local referrals to assist with remodeling, moving, buying, selling, investing, and other matters of Florida real estate.