– 7 Summer Spots for Tampa Bay Pet Owners –
The sultry Dog Days of Summer have arrived. This means many Tampa Bay pet owners are searching for dog-friendly places to enjoy an onshore breeze.
As your real estate experts, we keep track of the best neighborhoods and places for pet owners. Fortunately, we have found many communities featuring wonderful waterfront parks, trails, and dog beaches to delight you and your pets this summer.
Waterfront Places and Dog-Friendly Beaches
From our Gulf beaches to our downtown riverfronts, there is a water experience to enjoy for all types of people and breeds of dogs. Whether you are looking to move to a new home in a pet-friendly community, or simply wanting ideas for things to do with your pet, here are a few must-see places for Tampa Bay pet owners:
- Fort De Soto Dog Park and Beach: While many Pinellas County Beaches ban dogs, the Fort De Soto Dog Park and Beach welcomes your pet with open waters and sandy beaches for a playful summer day on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Honeymoon Island Dog Beach: Accessed via the Dunedin Causeway, Honeymoon Island State Park’s Dog Beach offers a tropical escape for you and your best friend. Dogs can run free at this dog beach, which is separate from the public beach area.
- Cypress Point Park: Situated on the Hillsborough County side of Old Tampa Bay near Tampa International Airport, you will find a waterfront park with a boardwalk and hiking trails. There is no “dog beach” here, but it is a nice waterfront area to walk with Fido.
- Picnic Island Beach and Dog Park: Located on Old Tampa Bay at Picnic Island Beach in South Tampa, this dog park provides a wonderful summer spot for you and your pets. Pack a picnic lunch and let your dog run and play at this waterfront retreat.
- Davis Island Dog Beach: Located minutes from downtown Tampa, Davis Island Dog Beach is one of the best places to take your dog for off-leash fun along Hillsborough Bay. Dogs can frolic in the water, while pet owners can enjoy gorgeous views.
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park: Riverwalk is one Tampa’s greatest attractions, and dogs are welcome at the waterfront park area, which features playground equipment for pets to enjoy their own kind of entertainment in the heart of downtown.
- Bayshore Boulevard: If you prefer to get some exercise while taking in gorgeous views of Hillsborough Bay, grab your dog’s leash and enjoy a walk together along the 4.5-mile stretch of sidewalk along Bayshore Boulevard in South Tampa.
Be sure to research park websites or call park management for amenities, hours of operation, rules, regulations, and potential closures for your safety. Also, remember to bring plenty of drinking water for both you and your pet, including a bowl. Some places may cater to dogs, providing clean-up stations and shaded seating areas. Upon arrival at your destination, locate a shaded area where you and your pet can rest and cool down if needed.
We consider our pets a member of the family and an important part of the home buying and selling process. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen today at 813-294-5786 for helpful information on home buying, selling, investing, and other pet-friendly real estate advice.