-8 Great Gifts for Empty Nesters-
If you have empty nesters on your gift list, you have no shortage of great gift options. The Greater Tampa Bay area is home to many singles and couples living in empty nests, and buying for these folks is easy. Here are eight gift ideas that could brighten the holidays for empty nesters, retirees, and other Floridians.
Holiday Gift Ideas for Empty Nesters and Retirees
- MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES: Tampa’s waterfront region is a paradise for empty nesters and retirees. Help them discover new things to see and do by gifting them with museum memberships, aquarium passes, theme park tickets, or water excursions like sight-seeing boats or dinner cruises.
- HOME ACCENTS: Like many homeowners, empty nesters often enjoy receiving new home accessories and accents as gifts. Many have downsized to smaller spaces and are in the process of redecorating for a new chapter in life. Giving them a stylish lamp or on-trend item in their new color scheme could be an excellent gift for their empty nest.
- ART SUPPLIES: With more free time and perhaps more living space, many creative empty nesters are ready take on a new hobby or activity at home. Consider giving them arts and crafts supplies, such as glass painting kits, blank canvases, or stencils.
- SMALL APPLIANCES: What homeowner would not love to enjoy a cup of specialty coffee at home? A French Press, an Espresso Machine, or a Cold Brew Maker could be a perfect addition to any empty nest. An air fryer is also a popular gift this year.
- TECHY GADGETS: It seems when the kids move out, they take the techy gadgets with them. Consider helping to stock an empty nest with new electronics like phone-charging stations, Bluetooth accessories, and other items. Technology like a RING video doorbell is also a great gift for security-conscious empty nesters.
- HOME AUTOMATION: Many empty nesters are embracing the convenience of smart speakers from Google, Amazon, and Apple to automate and perform a variety of functions and household tasks through verbal commands. That means they could turn on lights or turn down the A/C without getting up from their favorite chair.
- SMART TVs: If you are a big spender, help some lucky empty nester upgrade to a “smart” television. By allowing viewers to access any movie or show via the web, a smart television is a dream gift for folks with free time. This is also a gift that keeps on giving because users could cut the cord to cable and lower monthly expenses.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES: It may seem like a no-brainer, but the right gift certificate could be a perfect gift for an empty nester on a fixed budget. For example, many empty nesters have big ideas for remodeling their homes, and a gift card to a home improvement store could help them accomplish those goals.
If you are an empty nester, be sure to share this list with your family and friends to help them find something perfect for you. As professional realtors, we enjoy offering ideas for enjoying happy homes across Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco Counties. We would also be happy to align you with local experts to assist with a range of home projects now or in the New Year.