-5 Buying Tips to Standout in a Seller’s Market-
Buying in a seller’s market can be intimidating for some, but our Florida real estate team makes the process as simple as possible with the right planning and support. We have five buying tips to help you standout in today’s seller’s market.
Simple and Successful Homebuying in Tampa Bay
By taking these necessary steps, you could be locking in the best possible price and closing on your dream home in the beautiful Tampa Bay area.
- GET PRE-APPROVED: Obviously, cash is king in homebuying; however, if you are not paying with cash, the most important thing to do is to get pre-approved for a mortgage before beginning your home search. Fortunately, mortgage rates remain at historically low levels, which means now could be your chance to lock in an affordable rate. We know local mortgage experts ready to guide you through the loan approval process and explain your best possible financing options and programs. Simply call us for a referral.
- SHOW PROOF OF FUNDS: In addition to a pre-approval letter for a mortgage, be sure to obtain a “proof of funds” form from your bank showing you have the money to back up your offer. Serious buyers will show sufficient savings for a down payment (traditionally 20% of purchase price), as well as an acceptable credit score and employment.
- HOUSE HUNT WITH EXPERTS: Our professional real estate team will guide you through the buying process with leading-edge tools to fine-tune your search list and narrow down to locations that will meet all of your needs. Additionally, we help you act quickly on new listings and opportunities in today’s market. As Tampa Bay area real estate pros, we can also research the property’s history and neighborhood stats to ensure you tour the right homes, at the right time, and make the right choice.
- MAKE A SERIOUS OFFER: One of our specialties is helping buyers stand out by delivering a serious offer to sellers in a timely and professional manner. In the current sellers’ market, low-ball offers and non-serious bids are being pushed to the side. Your best bet is to make your best possible offer according to the property value and within your personal budget. Notably, some buyers are even providing a personalized letter with their offer to convey the gravity of their interest in closing on that specific home.
- SHOW FLEXIBILITY: In a seller’s market, buyers can make their offer appear more desirable to sellers by offering flexibility, allowing sellers to set timelines, and waiving certain contingencies. We can help you determine what to waive, what not to waive, and where to be flexible. Our goal is to ensure no one gets burned in Tampa’s hot market.
As your trusted experts, our real estate team offers guided support for homebuyers and home sellers across Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties. We even offer booklets with the names of service providers that have been recommended by satisfied customers. These valuable books of insights will help you – before, during, and after your move.
We are excited to help you navigate Tampa Bay’s real estate market. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for advice on downsizing, buying, or selling your home.