-20 Dog-Friendly Spots around Tampa Bay-
May is National Pet Month, which is a perfect time to celebrate the joys of pet ownership. There are both psychological and physiological benefits to bonding with a pet. Studies show that petting a cat or dog can actually help you relax. It may also help you reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and increase oxytocin levels in the body to provide a feeling of happiness. If happiness is what you seek, consider enjoying some fun outdoor activities with your pets.
Greater Tampa Bay Area Dog Destinations
There are many pet-friendly destinations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties. Ask your dog, “Do you wanna go for a ride,” and head out to enjoy these great spots around the Greater Tampa Bay Area:
- Al Lopez Park in Tampa with a spacious, off-leash area for dogs
- Apollo Beach Dog Park with grassy areas for large and small dogs
- Bayshore Boulevard along Hillsborough Bay in South Tampa
- Curtis Hixon Park with a fun doggy play area in Downtown Tampa
- Datz’s patio area for dining on MacDill in South Tampa
- Davis Island Dog Beach along Hillsborough Bay near downtown Tampa
- Deputy Kotfila Memorial Dog Park in Tampa’s Channelside District
- Fort De Soto Dog Park and Beach on the Gulf near St. Petersburg
- Grillsmith’s patio area for dining in Carrollwood
- Honeymoon Island State Park’s Dog Beach on the Gulf of the coast of Dunedin
- Hyde Park Village with shops and restaurants near downtown Tampa
- Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex and Dog Park in Land O’Lakes
- Logan Gate Dog Park in Citrus Park
- Main Street in Downtown Dunedin with shops plus dog-friendly breweries and cafes
- Old Tampa Bay at Picnic Island Beach Dog Park off the coast of South Tampa
- Palma Ceia Dog Park in South Tampa near MacDill Avenue
- Parkshore Grill for outdoor dining in downtown St. Petersburg
- Pinellas Trail stretching from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs
- Queenie’s Dog Park at Water Works Park in the Tampa Heights District.
- The Independent in Seminole Heights for outdoor drinks along Florida Avenue
Clearly, The Greater Tampa Bay area offers plenty of places to take your pet out on the town. NOTE: Before heading to any of these listed places, be sure to check their websites and/or call ahead to confirm current dog-friendly status and review hours of operation.
As your real estate experts, we enjoy helping homeowners across the Greater Tampa Bay Area live the ultimate, pet-friendly, Florida lifestyle. We consider pets to be members of the family and an important part of the home buying and selling process.
Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen today at 813-294-5786 for helpful information on home buying, selling, investing, and other real estate advice.