-7 Summer Moving Solutions for Tampa Bay-
Moving to a new home can be an overwhelming transition, which is why simplifying the moving process is important. If you are making a move during the hot summer months in Florida, plenty of preparation and planning is critical. To make the task of moving less daunting, our real estate team has compiled tips for simplifying tasks and beating the heat.
Here are the coolest ways to enjoy a simpler summer move:
- Plan Ahead: Begin with a solid moving plan. Make separate lists for purchases and to-do items. Start with a packing list of supplies you will need. Next, create your lists of actions to take. These may include transferring and resetting certain utilities, mailing services, subscriptions, pet services, security systems, garbage services, pest control, or lawn care services. Planning will ensure your hot temper does not flair with the hot temperatures.
- Schedule in Advance: Be sure to schedule moving trucks and services far in advance of your moving date. While there are fewer tourists and snowbirds during the summer months, this season is still a busy time of year for moving in general. Around the Greater Tampa Bay Area, there are many families booking moving services during the kids’ summer vacation. Call us at 813-294-5786 if you need names of reputable MOVING COMPANIES that our customers have recommended.
- Gather Supplies: You will want to obtain plenty of moving supplies (box cutters, markers, packing tape, labels, etc.) and boxes of all sizes in preparation of your move. Consider placing a delivery order for bulk paper towels and other items. You will find yourself with plenty of large boxes of varying sizes for moving bigger items, pillows, and textiles.
- Get Organized: Use color-coded systems for pre-labeling and organizing all items. Certain items like important paperwork, medication, glasses, keys, clothes, pet supplies, and essentials should be flagged to take with you in your vehicle upon leaving. Other items might be clearly marked for the moving truck.
- Watch the Weather: You cannot predict Tampa’s weather weeks in advance, but you can get an idea of what to expect. During the summer, prepare for high heat, humidity, and an afternoon rain shower. Aim to avoid strenuous, outdoor tasks during Tampa’s peak mid-morning and afternoon temperatures. As moving day approaches, check the rain forecast and monitor the radar before setting a specific time for moving furniture and belongings in and out of the truck. This could help prevent damage to sensitive items.
- Keep it Cool: Bring a cooler with chilled water and ice packs. If you are moving on a summer day in Florida, consume at least 8 oz. of water every hour to ensure proper hydration and to avoid heatstroke. Dress accordingly by wearing lightweight, quick-drying, loose-fitting clothes, and avoid dark-color clothing that could retain moisture or absorb heat.
- Pace Yourself: Exerting yourself in hot temperatures can lead to heat-related illnesses or heat exhaustion. If you experience muscle cramping, extreme weakness, nausea, or clammy skin — get to a cool location immediately, rest, and apply a cool compress. Serious symptoms requiring medical attention may also include vomiting or heart palpitations.