– Tampa Bay’s 7 Best Places to Downsize –
Anyone living in the Greater Tampa Bay area can attest this is the best place to live. Seniors and retirees, however, might wonder exactly where the best places are to downsize.
Our real estate team has specialized for years in helping seniors downsize, sell, and buy homes all parts of Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco County. Long story short, there are fantastic homes in Tampa Bay’s real estate market for seniors and retirees to downsize.
Florida Homes and Real Estate for Retirees and Active Seniors
Florida home styles and neighborhood options are limitless after you have reduced the clutter, downsized your needs, and made the decision to find a smaller space for your golden years. Here are seven Tampa Bay options for places to downsize and live your dream life:
- Waterfront Properties: Manageable homes such as villas, townhomes, and condominiums with waterfront views of Tampa’s rivers, causeways, bays, and lakes supply the quintessential Florida lifestyle. There is no better way to live your retirement years than enjoying the relaxed flow of a waterfront community.
- High-Rise Condos: Enjoy a bird’s eye view of city lights, lush landscapes, or glistening waters. In a high-rise condo with a luxurious lobby and elevator, you will also enjoy the freedom of little-to-no maintenance and no garage or exteriors to clean.
- Downtown Spaces and Places: A small place in a downtown district like Tampa or St. Petersburg could put you in the center of the action. Take the trolley, walk, bike, and enjoy the cafes, shops, theatres, museums, events, and parks all in your own backyard.
- Residences in Walkable Regions: Walkable districts are the best for downsizing because you can even forego the need for a car. Amazing homes are located within steps of shopping, entertainment, and restaurants. Fantastic walkable districts include Dunedin, Ybor City, SOHO, Hyde Park, Channelside, Tampa Heights, and others.
- Suburban One-Story Homes: An affordable, single-story home in one of Tampa’s best neighborhoods could be a dream come true for your retirement years. Simply downsize to smaller furniture, add some storage cabinets and space-saving items, and you could be loving a cozy 1-or-2-bedroom place in fantastic areas of Riverview, South Tampa, Seminole Heights, Carrollwood, Wesley Chapel, and other sought-after neighborhoods.
- Homes in Coastal Communities: Find countless home options in Tampa Bay’s coastal communities. First-floor units, villas, townhomes, and condominiums are available throughout Clearwater, St. Pete, and quaint Gulf coast communities. The perks include warm waters and white sandy beaches beckoning you to live free in the Florida sun.
- Villas and Condos for Senior-Living: Undoubtedly, the amenities and options for active seniors spans far and wide across the state of Florida. In addition to lawncare and maintenance, many of Tampa Bay’s full-featured 55+ communities offer recreational activities, workout centers, game rooms, swimming pools, and more.
Our real estate team specializes in helping Florida seniors prepare for downsizing or moving between homes. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for expert advice on downsizing, buying, or selling your home.