Top 10 Tampa Places to Get Fit – The New Year is fast approaching, and many of us are looking for ways to get fit and improve our health in 2019. There are countless fitness options for those of us living around Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and surrounding areas. As your local experts in everything from real estate to easy living, we have your list of places to conquer your healthy resolutions.
Hot spots for fitness and recreation around the Greater Tampa Bay area:
- Bayshore Boulevard: Tampa’s most iconic place to get fit is arguably Bayshore Boulevard, where you can walk, run, bike, or roller-blade your way to better health. Stretching 4.5 miles, this waterfront road along Hillsborough Bay in South Tampa is claimed to be the longest continuous sidewalk in the world.
- The Pinellas Trail: Whether you love cycling or enjoy strolling, The Pinellas Trail provides a path to better health. The Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail stretches from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs, including an enjoyable trek through the middle of Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, South Pasadena, and Gulfport.
- Bay Area Beaches: Take a jog along St. Pete’s spacious shoreline, fly a kite over Clearwater’s sugar-white sand, or take a long walk along a causeway. The amazing views around our area beaches will make you forget you are exercising.
- Local Gyms: In addition to weights and high-end workout equipment, gym memberships can provide you access to trainers, classes, and nutritionists. A few of the top-rated gyms around our area include Anytime Fitness, Crunch Fitness, 4U-Fitness, and Bayshore Fit.
- Yoga Studios: If you’re looking to improve your mind, body, and soul – consider yoga. Our surrounding area has several yoga studios. A few of our area’s top-rated yoga studios include Bella Prana, Kodawari Studios, Yoga Loft Tampa, Jai Dee, and The Lotus Pond.
- Downtown High-Rises: Take your pick of one of our downtown high-rises and take the stairs for a challenging cardio workout. Whether a quick flight of stairs at work or a full climb to the top of a towering building, stair climbing is a fantastic way to achieve fitness.
- Dog Parks: Get outside and play with your best friend. Run around, toss a Frisbee, or play tug-of-war to stimulate your heart health while also promoting your pet’s health. A few of our favorite places are Palma Ceia Dog Park (South Tampa), Al Lopez Park (Tampa), Davis Island Dog Beach, Honeymoon Island Dog Beach, and Logan Gate Dog Park (Citrus Park).
- Neighborhood Parks: You don’t have to have a dog or kids to enjoy the neighborhood park. Consider doing some yoga or tai chi in Fred Ball Park on Bayshore Boulevard, or take a walk and complete some of the fitness activities at Ballast Point Park.
- Pools and Waterways: Many of our real estate clients believe a pool is essential in Florida. Pools provide great opportunities for fitness, including swimming laps or water aerobics. While the Gulf and other waterways feel a bit chilly this time of year, some of you may find swimming, jet skiing, and paddle boarding in the cooler waters to be invigorating activities.
- Home Sweet Home: Support your heart health by cultivating a healthy living space in your home without spending a dime. Household chores like cleaning, taking out the trash, and yardwork are dynamic for keeping the body fit.
In addition to kicking off a healthy new year, these tips might add a few years to your life. Please be sure to consult your physician before starting any new exercise program. As real estate experts, we’re simply providing general tips to help you enjoy the beautiful amenities of our wonderful local neighborhoods. If you’re a Florida resident needing help finding the perfect home, investing, or selling your current property, contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 today.