-Top 5 Real Estate Trends for Home Sellers-
The year 2020 will go down in history for many dreary reasons, but one bright spot was that homebuyers and home sellers enjoyed a record year. Real estate trends and reports show home sales surged around 6 percent last year. As real estate pros, we want our customers to know there is still time to reap the benefits of this hot real estate market in 2021.
Put simply, buyers are on the move across the Greater Tampa Bay area, especially thanks to low interest rates. Existing home values are rising, and sellers could be seeing above average price gains with the right home updates and the expert help of real estate experts.
Home Updates Helping Sales to Soar
- Workspaces and Offices: The pandemic has people reassessing their needs and surroundings, including their home office. Sellers showcasing an amazing workspace could attract buyers needing to work from home and host virtual meetings. For staging, be sure to perfectly organize the desk, declutter the bookcases, and consider incorporating a bright color scheme to ignite feelings of energy and creativity.
- Kitchens and Dining: In today’s world, many people have shifted to cooking more healthy meals at home and enjoying traditional meals seated at the dining table. A total kitchen remodel with updated appliances and modern décor could be a major selling factor for buyers looking to spend more time in the kitchen this year.
- Bedrooms and Baths: All the stresses of 2020 left many men and women yearning for more personal spaces to cultivate peace and relaxation in their daily lives. A beautiful bedroom update or master bathroom remodel with tranquil colors, sleek fixtures, fluffy textiles, and luxurious accents could lure buyers into dreaming about living there.
- Interior and Exterior Lighting: Sometimes it does not take a major renovation to make a big improvement. Something as simple as modern lighting can do wonders in brightening workspaces, dimming living spaces for relaxation, adding a distinct vibe to a dining room, or illuminating a spacious outdoor patio.
- Painting and Décor: Adding modern décor, lamps, rugs, curtains, or new accessories can help create a clean and modern vibe in any home. As always, the best update is a fresh coat of paint. This year, Pantone named two colors of the year for 2021: Ultimate Gray and Illuminating. This gray and yellow combo provides sellers an ultra-modern color scheme to delight the eyes of buyers.
Whether you are selling a large suburban home in Carrollwood, or you are putting your waterfront condo on the market, we hope these simple tips help you prioritize the right renovations and updates for real estate success. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation for selling, updating, downsizing, or buying a Florida home in 2021.
As full-service real estate professionals, we will also be happy to align you with local experts to help you with home projects. If you are ready to move into a new home, looking to invest, or interested in selling your current property, contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786.