-Why Seniors are Flocking to Florida for Spring –
The 65+ senior community has claimed spring break 2021 as their time to enjoy some Florida sunshine. Notoriously associated with college seniors, this year’s spring break crowd has grown to include fully vaccinated retirees looking for things to do in the Tampa Bay area.
Reportedly, an increasing number of vaccinated seniors are ready to venture out this spring. Many are interested in future travel to be close to family, but outdoor fun in the Florida sun is also high on the list for Tampa Bay locals and Florida visitors alike.
5 Fun Ideas and Places to Enjoy around Tampa Bay
– Spring 2021 –
Yes, Florida is open for business, but some indoor attractions remain closed due to limitations associated with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Fortunately, there are plenty of fun outdoor options for Florida seniors, snowbirds, retirees, and vaccinated visitors.
- Outdoor Dining: In addition to backyard patios, many local spots are open with outdoor seating for lunch, dinner, or drinks. Weekdays and off-times could help you socially distance and avoid crowds. Restaurants across the region have expanded and upgraded the ambiance of their patio areas with added distancing between private tables, fans, misters, plush chairs, and more to meet the growing demand for comfortable dining outdoors.
- Amazing Accommodations: Locals and tourists alike can now book beautiful places for a weekend or a full vacation. Florida offers luxury hotels, inns, and beach resorts, but there is also a wide selection of house and condo rentals for more socially distanced places to stay. If you like privacy, there has never been a better time to own an RV. In addition to Florida campgrounds and RV parks, be sure to research free parking options in designated fields.
- Florida’s Best Beaches: Enjoy Clearwater Beach’s sugar-white sand, jog along the best beaches of America, or simply soak in the Gulf waters. Petersburg, Clearwater, and surrounding beaches offer gorgeous conditions during spring. As a hint, with the exception of holidays, most Florida’s beaches are a bit less crowded during weekdays.
- Boating and Fishing: Boats of all sizes cruise Florida’s waterways. Boaters can enjoy navigating rivers, bays, channels, causeways, and the Gulf of Mexico. For fishing, you have your choice of everything from deep-sea fishing for grouper to shallow-water fishing for trout. If you do not have your own vessel, there are many options for boat charters and private yachts to reserve for couples or small groups.
- Activities and Golfing: Swimming, paddle boarding, or flying kites along our beautiful shores can provide hours of free fun. For golfers, there is no shortage of beautiful golf courses in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, and Pasco counties. Be sure to ask our real estate team about homes available in gorgeous golf communities.
Many visitors will want to permanently move to the Tampa Bay area after enjoying all there is to see and do. As full-service real estate professionals, we specialize in helping seniors, snowbirds, retirees, and empty nesters transition to the ultimate Florida life.
If you need help downsizing, finding the perfect Florida home, investing, or selling your current property, contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 today.