-Warm Winter Events across Tampa Bay-
While other parts of the country are scaling back on outdoor events, the Greater Tampa Bay area is heating up with a variety of outstanding festivals and winter extravaganzas. Our real estate team has listed a sampling of upcoming winter events you won’t want to miss.
2020 Gasparilla Season in Tampa
Top of the list is Gasparilla, a series of events steeped in local traditions. Yes, mateys, it is time to batten down the hatches and prepare for an invasion of pirates. The notorious pirate Jose Gaspar and his crew will float into the Hillsborough Bay to invade the City of Tampa, so you will need to plan accordingly for their victorious takeover. Below is a quick summary, but be sure to check for winter event updates and find more information at news websites and local event sites, such as https://www.visittampabay.com.
- PARADES: The 2020 Pirate Festival and Parade is set for Jan. 25, but the party doesn’t start there. The Saturday prior, on Jan. 18, you can take the kiddos to their own alcohol-free Children’s Parade. Both parades will feature activities, fair food, flying beads, and floats making their way along Bayshore Boulevard.
- RACES: The fun continues in February during the Gasparilla Distance Classic Weekend, with participants running different-length road races Feb. 22 to 23.
- ARTS AND MUSIC: With world-renowned artists and exhibits, the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts is set for Feb. 29 to March 1 in Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. A week later in the same place, enjoy Gasparilla Music Festival, March 7 to 8, with dynamic live bands and food.
Florida 2020 Winter Events and Outdoor Festivals
In addition to Gasparilla, there are other unique ways to enjoy the Greater Tampa Bay area this winter. Check local listings and event websites for official details and winter event updates.
- HOME SHOWS: As your trusted real estate experts, you know that home shows are always on our to-do list. The Tampa Bay Home Show features hundreds of exhibits highlighting Florida homes, home entertainment, landscaping, and more at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Jan. 24 to 26.
- FOOD FESTS: In addition to home shows, there are plenty of food and drink fests to check out this time of year. For example, St. Pete’s Localtopia will take place Feb. 22 at Williams Park in St. Petersburg. The event will feature local food, drinks, music, and art.
- BLUES FESTS: Here is one of the most popular festivals in our region. The Clearwater Sea Blues Festival happens annually at Coachman Park in Clearwater. From Feb. 22 to 23, you can enjoy scrumptious seafood, entertainment, and blues bands.
- BEER WEEK: If you like craft beer, then plan to enjoy Tampa Bay Beer Week, March 7-14, which will include events at bars, restaurants, and breweries across the region.