–Winter Events around Tampa Bay –
While the rest of the nation faces bleak weather, The Greater Tampa Bay area comes to life in the winter! There are a ton of activities and events delivering fun for the whole family. Snowbirds flock to Florida during this time to experience what our area has to offer. You might as well take a few days off work and plan a staycation to enjoy our winter events.
2019 Festivals and Outdoor Activities
You’ll find everything from Tampa Bay Beer Week to Blues Festivals this season. Get out and participate in some of these cool festivities around the Greater Tampa Bay area.
- Tampa Bay Home Show: Experience one our area’s largest home shows at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg Jan. 25-27. The three-day event will feature home improvement experts and hundreds of exhibits highlighting Florida homes, home entertainment, and landscaping. Check local news sites and listings for more details.
- Gasparilla Season Events- There is a myriad of different Gasparilla events that reach well beyond the Pirate Festival and Parade set for Jan. 26. For example, Feb. 23-24 brings the Gasparilla Distance Classic, which hosts a bunch of different-length road races. The Gasparilla Festival of the Arts happens March 3-4 in Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. Check local news and Gasparilla sites for updates.
- Pete’s Localtopia- On Feb. 2, the 6th annual Localtopia occurs at Williams Park in St. Petersburg. This festival celebrates everything that is St. Pete, from food and drinks to music and art. Head to the event’s website to find out all that is happening at this one-of-a-kind festival: https://localtopia.keepsaintpetersburglocal.org/.
- Clearwater Sea Blues Festival- Do you love seafood and blues? If so, this is the event for you. The Sea Blues Festival happens at Coachman Park in Clearwater Feb. 23-24. Expect to find loads of seafood and blues bands from all around the world. Find out more info on the festival’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/clearwaterseablues/.
- Tampa Bay Beer Week- The Tampa Bay area has a thriving craft beer scene with breweries popping up in even the smallest neighborhoods. Tampa Beer Week happens March 2-10, with events all around the Bay. Peek at the event schedule here: http://tampabaybeerweek.com.
- Hillsborough River State Park- Enjoy time outdoors in the lovely weather at Florida’s best state parks. Hillsborough River State Park is located just a short drive away from Tampa, but you feel like you are a world away. Enjoy hiking, paddling, biking, camping, and much more in this wonderful park. Find out more information by heading to the park’s website here: https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/hillsborough-river-state-park.
- Local Museums and Theaters- For those winter days that are rainy or too chilly to enjoy outdoor events, head to one of the many museums and theaters in our area. There are a ton of temporary exhibits and seasonal shows to enjoy this winter.
We hope these ideas help you appreciate living in the Greater Tampa Bay area. Always be sure to check local listings and event websites for official details and event updates.
As real estate professionals, we fully support our Florida customers in all matters of the home. If you need a referral for a home project, downsizing, or you need assistance buying or selling a home, our team is here to help you in 2019. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 today.