-Tis’ the Season to Enjoy Tampa Communities-
There is no time like December to celebrate the joys of living in Florida. Tampa communities boast beautiful settings during the holidays and throughout the winter months, offering plenty of sunshine and an array of things to do around Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco Counties.
Our real estate team already provided great ideas for holiday events and charitable opportunities in previous articles, but we should also mention the limitless options in terms of celebrating this season of gorgeous weather, averaging between 58° and 75° this month.
Whether you are looking to entertain guests in town, or you are a local looking for unique ways to spend your time off, here are things to do in and around Tampa Bay area communities.
5 Ways to Enjoy Tampa Communities this Season
- Hit the Beach: You can find plenty of beach-friendly activities to do in our coastal communities this season. Clearwater, St. Pete, and quaint Gulf coast communities have warm waters and white sandy beaches beckoning you to bask in the December sun.
- Head Downtown: Take the trolley, walk, or grab a publicly available bike or scooter off any corner to experience all downtown Tampa has to offer locals and tourists alike. Enjoy the cafes, shops, theatres, museums, events, and parks along Hillsborough River.
- Relax in the Burbs: Whether you are hanging poolside at your Carrollwood home or listening to the birds chirp around your Wesley Chapel patio, this is a wonderful time of year to relax in a backyard setting. Tampa’s suburban areas are also diverse in offering an array of shopping options, local restaurants, and family activities.
- Get on Trend: Visit a hot new restaurant or gallery opening in one of our area’s artsy districts. Downtown St. Pete, Seminole Heights, SOHO, and Ybor are just a few of the thriving districts luring foodies and shoppers with locally owned markets and boutiques.
- Take a Walk: Most Tampa neighborhoods are walkable with sidewalks and picturesque parks, but the walking paths do not stop there. The Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail stretches from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs, crossing through Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, South Pasadena, and Gulfport. Of course, there is also Bayshore Boulevard, one of the world’s longest continuous sidewalks stretching 4.5 miles along Hillsborough Bay in South Tampa.
Vibrant neighborhoods and active communities are bustling all around the Greater Tampa Bay area this season. It is no wonder why visitors and snowbirds flock to Florida every winter.