-7 Essentials for Finding a Retirement Community-
Florida consistently ranks as one of the best places for retirement in the United States. Enjoyable weather, reasonable pricing, and beautiful locations are all reasons people choose Florida for their golden years.
Choosing a Florida retirement community goes beyond setting a budget and finding a great location. In the Greater Tampa Bay area, for example, you have a world of options for unique community designs and amenities. To make the selection process easier for you, here are tips to guide you towards finding your perfect 55+ community.
- Community Size: If you are sociable, you may love a large, bustling community. For the more introverted folks, however, a smaller size could be a better fit. It all depends on your preferences. As your trusted real estate professional, we can help you find out how many total homes there are as well as how many are vacant in specific retirement communities.
- Amenities: 55+ communities often offer an array of amenities that will vary significantly from place to place. A few to ponder are pools, fitness centers, dancing lessons, crafts, golf, tennis, and fishing. Think about which amenities are the most important for you and search for communities that meet your needs. We’d be happy to help you find a community with a vibe to match your lifestyle.
- Services: Like amenities, there is a wide range of services available depending on which community you choose. Do you need assisted living or independent living? Are you interested in cooking or eating in a communal dining area? Will you need rides to appointments or rides to the grocery store? These are just a few of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning your search. Florida retirement communities can offer as little or as many services as you require.
- Home Size/Type: You can use size and style criteria options to refine your search. Some 55+ communities include manufactured homes, one-floor condos, high-rise studio apartments, spacious houses, villas, or a mix. Deciding on the type and size of home will allow you to zero in on a smaller and more specialized list of communities.
- Storage/Garage: Having storage and/or a garage is not a given for retirement communities. If either of these is something you require, then this will also narrow down your search.
- Family Visits: Do you have grandchildren that you want to come and stay with you? Some communities limit how much time young children can spend there and limit which amenities they can use. If this is important to you, then check all the fine print. Our real estate team will be happy to help you ask the right questions before making a choice.
- Furry Friends: Finding a pet-friendly community is essential for animal lovers. A no-pet policy could be a deal breaker. If you have a furry family member, be sure your specific pet, breed, and size are accepted within the community.
Once you’ve made the above choices, all you have to do is a set a budget and find the location for your perfect retirement community. Call Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for expert advice today.