-How to Downsize for an Uplifting New Year-
Many of us have plans to upgrade certain items in the New Year, but 2021 could be the perfect year to downsize your home in order to upgrade your entire life. As your trusted real estate experts, we can attest that downsizing to a smaller home is one of the most liberating ways for empty nesters, retirees, and snowbirds to enrich their daily lives.
There is an endless list of reasons to downsize, including less maintenance, lower utility expenses, and more free time without the burden of caring for unnecessary space. There are also value-added benefits for seniors moving to 55+ communities featuring amenities to boost your joy through activities and entertainment.
8 Great Tips for Pain-Free Downsizing
For some reason, many seniors delay selling a home out of fear of the emotional and physical aspects of the downsizing process. Take it from us – it can be simple when done right. We downsized our home years ago, and we love it. Here is how downsizing can be a pain-free process with the support of real estate pros, home experts, and modern technologies:
- Release the burden of bulky mementos if you are an empty nester. Give your adult children, nieces, and nephews those boxes of photos or heirlooms to free up your precious space.
- Make money by downsizing and selling unnecessary stuff. You can earn cash by selling furniture, outdated clothing, old appliances, and useless gadgets or doodads.
- Leverage the power of social media and online platforms to simplify the selling process. Putting cash in your pocket could be as simple as posting a photo and writing a description.
- If you have a substantial amount of stuff, consider hiring estate professionals to host an auction or estate sale. Our team can align you with experts that will do all the work for you.
- Ask us to help you find the right movers to reduce the stress of moving your items. There are local Tampa Bay area movers that can ensure you won’t lift a finger.
- Use of the cash you made from selling items and hire experts, such as interior decorators, painters, or home organizers to handle the fine details of downsizing.
- Talk with us about your needs. Through personal and professional experience, we will help align you with bankers, attorneys, title companies, and other experts in home matters.
- Admit that you are ready to enjoy a simpler, maintenance-free 2021! Ask us for virtual tours of move-in-ready homes. There is no shortage of beautiful homes waiting for you.
Downsize to Reap the Benefits of the Florida Lifestyle
There are countless reasons for seniors to choose Florida for their Golden Years. Developers are building new housing as our state’s population of seniors is on the rise. Move-in-ready homes and condos continue to pop up across Channelside, Tampa Heights, Riverview, and South Hillsborough County. As always, the coastal communities of Pinellas County are ripe with options for your retirement years. Notably, the Tampa Bay region also includes homes and 55+ communities across the thriving areas of Wesley Chapel and South Pasco.
We specialize in helping Florida seniors, empty nesters, snowbirds, and many others prepare to downsize and move between homes. Let us help you enjoy an uplifting New Year!
Happy New Year! Contact us with any questions about homes and neighborhoods around Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties. Call Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for professional real estate advice on downsizing, investing, buying, or selling.