-8 Tips for Seniors Springing into a New Home-
Perhaps you are downsizing for your retirement years, or maybe you are looking to join a Tampa Bay community for active seniors. Whatever your reason for moving, we have some terrific tips for seniors. Spring is a great time for seniors, retirees, and snowbirds to discover new places and great spaces.
The Greater Tampa Bay area offers communities with everything from beaches and parks, to arts and culture. Any senior, retiree, or snowbird is bound to find fun in the sun when choosing a home in Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco counties.
Home Buying Solutions for Florida Seniors, Retirees, and Snowbirds
Here are eight great tips for seniors to consider when shopping for a new home this spring or any other time of year in the sunny Tampa Bay region of Florida.
- Now is the time to get a game plan for downsizing. As always, we recommend for customers to donate unneeded goods and furniture to a reputable charity. Other solutions include posting online, having a garage sale, or arranging an estate sale.
- Florida’s home buying and selling process is unique. Our professional real estate team can help make the process as seamless as possible. Properly navigating each step of the real estate process is critical for overall success.
- Consider homes that are well maintained and already updated. That way you won’t be stuck making a lot of renovations on the property. These costs can add up on a retiree’s fixed budget.
- Look for safety features. For senior living, you’ll likely want to ensure your home remains a safe environment as you age. Safety measures may include properly installed locks, mounted grab bars, adequate lighting, or homes without stairs. As realtors, we can fine-tune a search for first floor units, buildings with elevators, or one-story homes.
- Location, location, location. These are your golden years – enjoy them. Consider highly walkable areas. That way, you won’t have to drive often or possibly won’t even need a car. Gulf coast communities and the metro areas of Tampa have beautiful condos and homes next door to grocery stores, salons, shops, and restaurants.
- Birds of a feather flock together, which is why snowbirds love the socializing opportunities and special features of 55-and-over communities, which often offer recreational activities along with HOA perks including landscaping, pools, and maintenance services.
- Ask about VA Loans. Our real estate team may connect you with an expert in VA Loans if you are a veteran, or we may recommend other mortgage loan specialists for seniors.
- Ask plenty of other questions and rely on your realtor for everything, not just the paperwork. We support customers during the search, the showings, the negotiations, the inspections, and all the way to final closing.