– 5 Festive Outings for Tampa’s Holiday Season –
The 2020 holiday season is in full swing, and our real estate team encourages you to get outside to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year. Tampa Bay’s beautiful December weather provides a wonderful setting for festive outings and holiday events.
With the ongoing pandemic, many Floridians were saddened to hear the news that events such as St. Pete’s Enchant Christmas and Florida Botanical Gardens’ Holiday Lights in the Garden were cancelled for 2020. There are, however, still some great options for outdoor events. A few bright lights and spectacles could do wonders for lifting your holiday spirits.
Tampa Bay 2020 Outdoor Events for Holiday Joy
The CDC has issued various guidelines for staying safe this season, such as social distancing, hand sanitizing, and wearing masks. These five ideas for festive outings and outdoor events provide opportunities to enjoy the Tampa Bay community, while still adhering to safety requirements.
- Enjoy ice-skating at downtown Tampa’s annual Winter Village in Curtis Hixon Park. Tickets must be bought via the website at: http://www.wintervillagetampa.com/. Notably, social distancing is being implemented with limited times and staggered skate-sessions.
- Check out the Symphony in Lights show at The Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel, featuring nightly displays with dancing lights choreographed to music. You may also want to visit Christmas Town Tampa Bay at Busch Gardens for musicals and light shows. Masks and social distancing will be required to enjoy the shows.
- Safely drive through The Wonderland of Lights with your family at Hillsborough County Fairgrounds, offering over one mile of dazzling lights and displays.
- Simply take a drive around local streets in Carrollwood Village, Hyde Park Village, and other Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco county neighborhoods to view brightly lit homes and decorations.
- Visit local parks boasting decked out trees, such as John Wilson Park Gazebo in Safety Harbor, Clymer Park in Gulfport, Edgewater Park at Dunedin Marina, Largo Central Park, North Straub Park in St. Petersburg, and many others across the Tampa Bay region.
Remember to Share the Holiday Spirit
Most importantly, take pictures and videos of the wonderful sights you see while out and about. Share them with your family, friends, and neighbors via text or post on your social media sites. Remember, many people will be spending more time than usual at home this holiday season, and your photo could brighten their holidays.
As always, we also encourage you to also check with local non-profits for information on festive events and fundraising opportunities to support the Tampa Bay community.
Happy Holidays! We stay ready to assist you now and throughout the New Year. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for more information about neighborhoods, home buying, investing, and home selling across Florida.