-Halloween Events Around the Greater Tampa Bay Area-
Nothing screams Halloween like trick-or-treating and late night fun, but there are also plenty of daytime Halloween events for kids of all ages to enjoy around the Greater Tampa Bay Area.
As real estate professionals, we understand that many happy homeowners will want to stay home and hand out candy this year. But for those Floridians in search of the spirit of Halloween, we have our 2019 list of spooktacular adventures and seasonal events.
Florida Fright Nights, Halloween Fests, and Trick-Or-Treating
- Zoo Boos: Weekend Nights through Oct. 26 – Visit Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa after 4 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays for “Creatures of the Night,” featuring Halloween activities and animal shows for kids of all ages. Visit www.lowryparkzoo.org for information.
- Theme Parks: Nightly through Nov. 2 – Our region offers world-renowned Halloween adventures at Busch Garden’s Howl-O-Scream as well as Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. Visit park websites for details about the haunted attractions.
- Horror Movies: Nightly through Oct. 31 – Enjoy classic horror films on the big screen! The Tampa Theater’s “Nightmare on Franklin Street” offers 14 nights of petrifying programming this year. The venue will also feature ghost tours.
- Carrollwood Trunk-or-Treat Festival: Oct. 25 – 6 p.m. — Carrollwood Area Business Association’s 3rd annual Trunk-or-Treat Festival will offer a safe place for kids to trick-or-treat at Northdale Park & Recreation Center. Also, enjoy a “Scare Bus,” maze, entertainment, and games. Prizes will be awarded to children, adults, and group/family with the best costumes.
- Dunedin’s Downtown Trick-Or-Treat: 25 – 5 p.m. – Look for the orange pumpkin decals along Main Street and Broadway Avenue in Dunedin to find local merchants handing out free treats to children. Roads will be closed to keep this a safe and fun event.
- Halloween in the Village: Oct. 26 – 11 a.m. – Families and pets in costumes will once again hit the streets in Davis Island to enjoy trick-or-treating, fun contests, and free activities at the annual “Halloween in the Village” event.
- Wesley Chapel Fall Festival: 26-27 – 11 a.m. – Enjoy this community festival at The Grove at Wesley Chapel. In addition to fantastic fall foods, this annual Halloween celebration includes art, music, and entertainment for families.
- Costume Parties: Oct. 26 – 10 p.m. – The annual “Downtown After Dark – Halloween in the City” offers partygoers a wild Saturday night out in downtown Tampa. Downtown bar venues will feature DJs, costume contests, and a variety of scary themes at each venue.
- Tampa Bay Area Trick-or-Treating: Dusk Oct. 31 – Join the fun in neighborhoods across our region, as homeowners hand out candies to costume clad children going door-to-door for special treats in lieu of tricks. Check your local neighborhood associations in Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties for times and more details.