– 6 Reasons to Downsize Your Empty Nest –
Empty nesters have plenty of reasons to downsize. Making the decision to move to a smaller home and discard years of accumulated items, however, is not always easy.
Not only did we downsize to a smaller home (and love it!), our real estate team has helped many seniors and retirees discover the joy of downsizing to smaller spaces in more desirable locations. Here are empty-nester tips for knowing when to transition to a new home, townhouse, or condo in Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco county.
Benefits of Downsizing and Embracing an Empty Nest
- Quick Cash: If finances are a concern, then downsizing is a great option. Simply make money by selling unnecessary stuff. Post things for sale via an online platform or organize a yard sale for cash to pay debts or to raise funds for a down payment on a new home. A professional even can hold an estate sale for your personal items – no fuss, no muss!
- Better Budget: Retirees on a fixed income, or frankly anyone finding it difficult to make ends meet due to rising costs, could greatly benefit from downsizing to a new home. In addition to making money from selling your current home, you could purchase a move-in-ready place with less maintenance and lower utility costs.
- Simplify Daily Life: Empty nesters are moving to metro areas seeking amenities and the convenience of live-work-play environments. Not needing a car is a major benefit of these walkable communities with nearby dining, shopping, and entertainment.
- Ensure Safety: Moving to a single-story home (such as a ranch-style house) or finding a move-in-ready condo (on first floor or featuring an elevator), will help eliminate any fears or concerns associated with stairways or staircases. Many senior-living condos also feature safety installations like grip bars in the bathrooms and skid-proof flooring.
- Save Time: Forget about weekend cleanings and mowing. Empty nesters enjoy the luxury of free time when they do not have to worry about a big house or large property. Many 55+ communities include landscaping and maintenance within a set HOA fee.
- Enjoy Life: Tampa Bay’s active-living communities offer endless entertainment in the form of swimming pools, game rooms, gyms, and other amenities. If you are ready for more fun or a better view out your window, then it is time to transition to a new nest.
Seniors, Retirees, and Snowbirds Flock to Tampa Bay
Developers are actively building new housing as our state’s population of seniors grows. Amazing developments are popping up around Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties. Construction continues in Tampa’s Channelside and Tampa Heights areas, and across the expanding coastal communities of Pinellas County and southern Hillsborough. The Wesley Chapel and South Pasco areas of the Tampa Bay region are booming with new communities. There is definitely something for everyone!