-The Way Tampa Bay Celebrates Veterans Day-
MacDill Air Force Base is one of our most notable places in the Greater Tampa Bay area. People know it around the world. Although beyond being a home-base for active military, our region is a relaxing refuge for retired military, veterans, and a booming population of seniors.
As a wonderful place to live for all people and branches of service, Tampa Bay also serves as an ideal setting to celebrate Veterans Day with a heartfelt thanks.
Tampa Area Events for Veterans 2023
- Notably, the annual James A. Haley VA Hospital Parade in Tampa will begin the morning of Nov. 11 with a ceremony to follow. This Hillsborough County parade is a special salute to America.
- Also, Bay Pines VA Veterans Day Ceremony will be at C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center and National Cemetery in St. Petersburg. The Pinellas County event features speakers, a firing salute, and the posting and retiring of the U.S. flag.
- Other parades will roll through many areas of Tampa Bay. For example, Pasco County locals will salute our heroes at a parade hosted by Main Street Zephyrhills on Nov. 11.
- Wonderfully, the annual Veterans Day Fall Fly on TI and Kite Festival to honor our heroes will be held Nov. 11 behind the Thunderbird Resort, 10700 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island.
- Of course, American Legion locations will also host special events. Check with American Legion at 3810 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa or contact one of the locations near your Tampa Bay home.
- Several marathons will be run, including the 6th Annual Veterans Run on Nov. 18-19 with a 5k, 10k, and a half marathon along portions of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
- Remember, there will also be freebies at local businesses, eateries, hotels, museums, and parks. Keep an eye out for discounts to honor our military members and veterans.
This is just the short list. Be sure to check local news websites for other options, calendars, and official event times and details. If you prefer to stay in your Tampa home, you could watch The Veterans Day National Ceremony broadcasted annually from Arlington National Cemetery.
Also, consider supporting local nonprofits by donating or volunteering. For many years, our Tampa Bay real estate team has volunteered our time to serve at monthly dinners hosted by Operation Helping Hand at James A. Haley Veterans Hospital. Operation Helping Hand helps families of wounded and injured active-duty military. Learn more at www.operationhelpinghandtampa.com.
We have also enjoyed helping many veterans, seniors, and other customers buy and sell homes across Florida. From downsizing to VA loans and closings, we have been known for standing with our customers through the entire real estate transaction.
Also, ask us about our expert booklets with the names of specific service providers recommended by our satisfied customers. These valuable books of insights could help you – before, during, and after your move.
We hope you have a wonderful Veterans Day 2023. Contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 for advice on downsizing, buying, or selling your home.