-Where to Walk Your Dog Around Tampa Bay-
When it comes to places to walk your dog, there are countless choices for folks living in the Greater Tampa Bay area. Florida’s year-round warm weather inspires us to grab a leash and head outside each day with our furry friends, but this week is special. October 1st through 7th is National Walk Your Dog Week, a time to bring awareness to canine obesity and canine behavior.
5 Walkable Areas in Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco Counties
As real estate experts and fellow pet parents, we have compiled a fun list of local places to enjoy walking with your dogs around Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties.
- The Pinellas Trail: Whether you love nature or enjoy an interesting trail, The Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail is a wonderful place to enjoy with your best friend. The Pinellas Trail stretches from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs, including jaunts through Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, South Pasadena, and Gulfport.
- Bayshore Boulevard: With a long stretching 4.5-mile sidewalk lined by grass, Bayshore Boulevard is a fantastic waterfront path for walking with your dog. The glistening views of Hillsborough Bay in South Tampa could inspire you and Fido to go the extra mile for good health.
- Dog Beaches: We are not permitted to walk our dogs on just any beach around Clearwater or St. Petersburg, but there are a few dog-friendly beaches and welcoming waterfronts to walk and play. Go for a ride and have a good time at Davis Island Dog Beach in Hillsborough, Fort De Soto Dog Park and Beach in Pinellas, Picnic Island Beach and Dog Park on Tampa Bay, or the Honeymoon Island State Park’s Dog Beach accessed via the Dunedin Causeway.
- Dog Parks: Take a stroll around a park with your furry friend. You may also run around or play a game of fetch to boost your pet’s health. A few of our favorite parks are Palma Ceia Dog Park in South Tampa, Al Lopez Park in Tampa, and Logan Gate Dog Park in Citrus Park. Just make sure to bring a dog bowl and bottled water to keep your pet cool and hydrated
- Downtown Dogs: One of our favorite walkable destinations is Curtis Hixon Waterfront’s park along the Riverwalk in downtown Tampa, which features a dynamic playground for pets. There are also several walkable shopping districts throughout the Tampa Bay area, such as Hyde Park Village and downtown Dunedin. Some districts cater to dogs, leaving bowls of water outside storefronts and offering pet clean-up stations with grassy areas for dogs to do their business.
We hope this list inspires you to walk with your pup towards better health. Our real estate team strives to help keep your pets safe and happy during the entire home buying and home selling process.
If you are a Florida resident needing help finding the perfect home, investing, or selling your current property, contact Dick and Karla Nielsen at 813-294-5786 today.